What will be studied?
The NCFE CACHE Level 3 Extended Diploma is a two year vocational course that will provide practical, work related information for both Health & Social Care sectors.
It is equivalent to 3 A levels.
The course consists of 14 mandatory units and 4 optional units, two controlled assessments and one exam.
Units studied include:
- Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care
- Human Growth and Development
- Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
- Infection Prevention and Control in Health and Social Care
- Empowerment in Health and Social Care
- Communication in Health and Social Care
- Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care
- Sociological Perspectives in Health and Social Care
- Psychological Perspectives in Health and Social Care
- Personal and Professional Development
How will I be assessed?
It is important to link theory to practice; this will be completed through unit based assessments and portfolio building.
The assessments may include reports, presentations, case studies, research and practical activities such as academic posters, video recordings and role plays.
A DBS (police) check is required before commencing the course.
- All tasks are assessed against specific learning objectives and graded A* – D
- Placements will be undertaken one day per week in an appropriate health or social care setting
- 2 External Assessments (two 5000 word essays )
- One externally assessed Short Answer Examination; Anatomy & Physiology
The course may lead to continuing education at university or a career in one of the many areas of Health & Social Care e.g. Nursing, Social Work, Residential Care, Occupational Therapy, Mental Health, Community Work and Day Care, Youth Work, etc.
If you need any further information about studying NCFE CACHE Technical Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care please contact Ms Roddis email@example.com