What will be studied?
The Level 2 Extended Diploma is a one-year full-time vocational course that will provide a practical, work related introduction to the Health & Social Care sector.
Units studied include:
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Human growth and development
- Safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Communication in health and social care
- Working in health and social care
- Nutrition for Health and Social Care
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be completed through portfolio building and unit based tasks which may include reports, presentations, case studies, research and practical activities, role plays, posters and video recordings.
All assessments are graded A*-D
Upon achievement of this qualification, learners will be able to progress to our Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care, or into a range of job roles within the health and social care sector such as:
- Care Worker in Adult Residential Settings, Domiciliary Services and Day Care Settings
- Healthcare Assistant in Community, Primary Care and Acute Health Environments
- Community-Based Support Workers
You may wish to progress onto further study at Level 3, which is equivalent to 3 A Levels and attracts UCAS points for entry into Higher Education.
If you need any further information about studying the Level 2 Extended Diploma in Health & Social Care please contact:
Ms Harrison – email@example.com or
Ms Roddis – firstname.lastname@example.org